THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    ANY WINCHESTER X3 USERS? (or X2's)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANY WINCHESTER X3 USERS? (or X2's)?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
OK,what do you like or dislike about it?I see that it almost a pound lighter than the X2...I am looking for RELIABILTY first with least maintance(seems the gas guns I dealt with start acting up as soon as the carbon builds up on the mag tube!)

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I've got a Browning Gold 3 1/2" 12ga, which shares quite a few parts with the Winchester.

I just got back from a duck hunt is Arkansas. I ran a box of 3 1/2" shells thru the gun without a hiccup. This was in 28 degree weather, get the gun wet and muddy duck hunt. One of the guys Benellis did choke on one flight we had come through. I don't mention that to bash Benelli's just to emphasize it was a tough shotgun day. The Browning held it's own with the other B-guns.

With the Winchesters I'm sure you'll have to do the same thing I did.

First, thing before you ever shoot one of these autos is clean out the recoil spring tube and degrease the action. I use Breakfree CLP on mine and don't have any of the "issues" some folks claim to have with those guns.

The speed feed feature on the Browning is really really nice when the ducks are flooding in. All you have to think about is shoving shells in the magazine and not take your eyes off the birds.

The big safety is a major nice touch with gloved hands as well.

Read this article and follow this guys advise on cleaning the new Browning/Winchester autos.

You'll be real glad you did.

Deep cleaning Browning/Winchester autos

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Interesting,thanks!!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of beretta96
posted Hide Post
I have a Super X3 I bought last year. Awesome gun! If you check page 4 here, there is my reply to another similiar post. I am still extremely pleased with it. Highly recommend it.

Posts: 263 | Location: ontario, canada | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote