THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Camo Finish on Shotguns...where to get?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camo Finish on Shotguns...where to get?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
I like the camo finish on my Benelli's,esp the Mossy Oak Shawdow Grass..who/where can I get this done on another plain shotgun? Thanks thumb

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I read the process used to ally these type of finsh isn't availble for one or two guns. That was a couple of years ago there might be someone doing it now.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try this: www.camoent.com/process.htm , Jim Crumley's Second Skin, or
Duracoat. Second Skin is a dipping process like most factories use, Duracoat is something else, probably tougher, but not in the popular 'royalty fee' patterns.

Posts: 49 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a search on Duracoat. I've seen this stuff and it is super tough. A good Duracoat applier can put just about any camo pattern you want on your gun.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys....I am familar with Duracoat,good stuff!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I've used Second Skin twice now and found it tough and reasonable.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
I've used Second Skin twice now and found it tough and reasonable.

+1

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
Try Color and Camo: Color and Camo website

These guys have camoed several guns for me. The results have always been top notch

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote