THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Seeking info on Belgian guild shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking info on Belgian guild shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I also posted the following in the Collecting forum, and would appreciate any information that anyone might be able to provide.

I've inherited what I think is a Belgian guild gun in 16 ga. It's got external hammers and twin triggers, and from the research I've done, it appears to have been proofed for black powder between the years of 1910-1924 (from what I've managed to dig up, a diamond containing the number 16 above the letter c was apparently a black powder proof mark used between 1898 and 1924; the word "choke" followed by what can best be described as a fraction with "16.4" on top and "17.0" on the bottom is a choke designation used on Belgian black powder guns between 1910 and 1924).

There are also some letters and numbers on the underside of the rib between the barrels, and I'm curious whether anyone can tell me whether they indicate a manufacturer, or have some other meaning. Those letters/numbers are:
14 D-R D26 H B 9 3414

Any information that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures would help.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote