Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis 20 Ga shotgun bbls???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
i'm considering a SxS shotgun barrel set for my Chapuis 9,3x74r, that i got from DLN... he's got a 26" set ic/ic fixed chokes, all i'm planning is quail, doves... i'm used to my Win 101, my Perazzi MX8, a Browning double auto, and a Rem 1100... i like the idea of a SxS, but wonder how the 26" will handle??....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crappy IMO
It will be pointy and will simply stop. Would be ok for grouse.

My wife is 5'4" and she has a 13"LOP with a 26" barrel and that works for her, but for normal sized people, too short.

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like 26 inch barrels the best on a sxs I have them with 24 to 32 the 26 are just about right for me. Iam 510.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a used Chapuis 9,3x74R rifle. Is kind of a cross between a RGEX and a UGEX ... has the long tang and grip cap but just a little scroll engraving.

It came with a set of 26" 3" 20 gauge bbls.

Have hunted quail, grouse, chukar, and pheasant with it. For me it works just beautifully! Moves very quickly indeed. Has the longest reach of any shotgun I've ever used.

Wonderful piece of hardware that I dearly adore!

I shoot it way better than my 12 gauge Citori White Lightning.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote