New
Find
Notify
Tools

SKB 20 ga. opinions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently found a SKB model 200 E in a 20ga for sale.
It has a few dings on the wood but other than that it is in quite good shape. It has M/IC fixed chokes. I was wondering what would be considered a fair to good price for such since they are no longer made and if there is anything else worth knowing ie. any quirks etc.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know where there is a weatherby 20 Ga for sale for $999, and I believe it is made by SKB. The weatherby is fixed choke and 95% condition.
Isuppose that if one offered $950 for it they would take it.
That's one data point for you.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought the 20ga. It is stamped "Made for Ithaca by SKB" or something to that effect. I am a few hundred miles away from it at the moment.

I took it quail hunting this weekend. It is a real joy to shoot and handle. Very light and well balanced. I have shot a SKB 20 ga. before but in a O/U. It too was great to shoot and handle.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote