New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huglu Opinions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A buddy of mine stationed in Turkey has offered to purchase a Huglu shotgun for me. Looking at different websites, the shotguns are absolutely beautiful. Just wondering on reliability and performance. Anyone?

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The U.S. importer is about 30 miles from my house, so I went and looked him up, together with my gunsnob "if it is not an Elsie or a Parker it better be British" father in law.

Like a kid in a candy store, we must have opened about 30 boxes, looking at small gauge doubles, light weight 12's, and semi-auto's.

I was not impressed with the semi-auto's. However, the doubles were real nice, and felt very, very solid. Even my gunsnob father-in-law was impressed. Stocks were pretty nice, wood to metal fit and finish were not that great, but not any worse than say a Red Label.

A word of caution, however, is that warrantee service is only available here on the "u.s. import" guns. I've also heard it said that the guns sent here are a "step up" from the ones sold in Turkey. HTH, Dutch.

http://www.huglushotgunsusa.com/

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,

Those things do not look too bad. What kind of prices are we looking at on the doubles? Will the importer sell them retail? Might be worth the drive.

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had their SO model 20 ga.for about 6 months and love it.Well balanced,good wood,tastefully engraved and I went eleven doves with fifteen shots last week.
In talking with the importer he advised the imported guns are manufactured to different specs than those made for domestic sales.I gathered from our talk those being imported to the U.S.are of better quality.
In my opinion it's a lot of gun for the money.

Bravo

Posts: 109 | Location: New Mexico,USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Huğlu shotguns made in my country.And their o&u and sxs shotguns are best of the best in our domestic productions.But i can't say same about their semi autos.İf you want a huğlu i suggest you a o&u huglu

Posts: 25 | Location: Turkey | Registered: 06 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
As far as prices, there is a list on the website, take a look. Very decent. Even on the small gauges.

Taos, give Mark a call. I'm not sure, but I do believe he has a retail FFL. If you get over this way, drop me a line, I'll buy dinner. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I ended up getting the 103F O&U and the 106 Semi that can be seen at the Armsco website (http://www.armsco.net/about.shtml). Still waiting for the ATF to release them, but my buddy said he is extremely impressed with the look and feel. Hopefully, they shoot just as well as they look.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Correction - the 601 Semi, not 106.