THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    I.D. Help Needed With Choke Tube!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I.D. Help Needed With Choke Tube!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hello all,
I have a choke tube that came off a Browning BPS Invector Game gun. The tube is just marked MD 1001 Lead Only..........There are no notches etc to I.D. the choke. Any help would be appreciated.....

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yours will be one that probably is either older or a lot newer than mine. I thought I had about all of them, but I don't see 1001 or any numbers on them. And mine all have notches and are marked for what type choke. The containers are marked too.

I'd just call Browning and ask them. And a gunsmith would ID it free for you. They have gauges they use for that.

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi Shack,
I found out from another source that this was an after market choke by Mad Max Choke Tubes The MD 1001 has a constriction of .655 and was intended for #4 & #5 shot. I do appreciate your trying to help and you were right the next obvious step wold have been to Browning. Take care, thanks again, and God bless...cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now you need to know whether it is an Invector or an Invector Plus choke tube. They are NOT interchangable!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote