New
Find
Notify
Tools

Briley extended bolt release
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Benelli Super Sport Performance shop gun with the factory installed Briley extended release. When I was shooting it yesterday, the release started turning down instead of staying straight toward the muzzle. I tightened the screw going thru the release lever and it was not loose.
Is there a simple fix to get it to stay in place?

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would contact Benelli or Briley.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Recently had the same issue. I had sent Briley my bolt release for modification. When the extended release was installed in my Super Sport it was loose and would twist downward. They sent me another extended release; same problem. They sent me a new bolt release and another extended lever and now it works fine. I suspect the modification they did to the bolt release stud wasn't right (drill & tap and machining the shoulders that prevent the lever from turning downward).

I was disappointed while having this issue but give high marks for Briley's customer service as they were quick to make it right.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked Benelli to sent me a standard bolt release and they did. The release is designed very poorly for the extended release. I took the original extended release to my gunsmith and he has an individual that is going to "weld" it so that it will not flop down any more. I'll post once we re-install it to see if that works. Until then, I have the standard button release. The Beretta A400 release is much more solid and better design.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote