New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citori question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally able to get a shotgun after saving a while. After handling several I decided on the citori white lightning. My dealer said his supplier prolly can't get any for a while. Been waiting for two weeks. My question is about the 625 field model. It is another 400 and according to the website for Browning looks like the only difference is the engraving. After wanting one for years I can wait a bit longer I guess. Can someone coach me please or should I spend or save that extra 400.? Any help or opinion is appreciated.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a four citoris. As far as I know they are all mechanically the same. The differences are quality of wood, stock design, finish on wood and metal (gloss or matt) and engraving.
So it's your call, on whether the extras are worth it or not.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be a lot better if you could find one in stock at a dealer and at least shoulder it. They do differ even in the same models. Finding one that fits is the difference between hitting and missing.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to your nearby Academy, pick up a Yildiz and see what you think. Browning copy. Hard to find on the used market.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RVL, I have never heard of Yildiz until I read your post. I will check them out. I fancy a 28ga. Do you own an RVL? (Post modified: sorry your initials are RVL and I "read" RBL". No response necessary.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check their webpage but I think they make a 28ga..

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup! If you Google Yildiz you find a whole forum devoted to the gun on shotgunforum or some such website, and, they do make a 28ga. I guess you have to look at several and check out the wood. I plan on taking a trip to the local Academy store!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to my local Academy store. They had one 28 ga. O/U. Nice gun! Light, fairly nice wood, somewhat open grain but not bad for $429.99. I was tempted but might wait to see new guns as they come in. The gun comes with 5 chokes (inc. skeet) according to the salesman.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
Go to your nearby Academy, pick up a Yildiz and see what you think. Browning copy. Hard to find on the used market.
I seem to see lots of them on the used market. I can't say that the reason for this is necessarily owner dissatisfaction. I would attribute it more to the gun being within reach of "first time" buyers who either decide they won't be hunting any more or want to move up to a more sophisticated shotgun. Because they are so relatively inexpensive and readily available at retail, they seem to move slowly on the used market.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stone creek, where are you seeing these. I would not mind picking up a 28 ga. O/U!
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
A Yildiz is not, nor will ever be a Browning/Miroku copy. The first sign is the low profile Yildiz trunnion design versus the Browning/Miroku under-hinge high profile receiver. The trigger mechanisms are completely different in design. The Browning/Miroku has inertial triggers, and the Yildiz is mechanical.

The quality control of Yildiz will not compare to Miroku, the materials are of lesser quality...Nor will a Yildiz ever last as long as a Browning/Miroku. NEVER.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1022 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
tu2

archer

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the 625. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it is in the safe at home. Also boug an a5 . that looks as if it has never been shot. Has 26 imp barrell and has a 30in full also. I guess I have spent enough for now.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote