New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg 535 vs. Stoeger P-350
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to get a pump action shotgun here in the next little while, for the purpose of taking care of various varmint-like birds around the place, as well as critters muddying up the water in our dugout, and possibly (from a long ways away) firing at a few deer, to let them know that they aren't welcome in our garden or bales.

I've thought about a Remington, but they cost a little more, and I also like the fact that these two already come with a selection of chokes. As far as installing a pistol grip goes, that simply isn't in my plans. I went for the Mossberg 535 over the 500 because the 535 has a 3 1/2" chamber, and the 500 has a 3" chamber.

Either one, I would probably get a syn. stock and blued barrel.So, which of these two would you guys recommend I get?

Thanks in advance,
Davis Goertzen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Davis,

Take a look at the Remington 870 Express. It might be a few dollars more than the Mossberg or the Stoeger, but I think you're getting a much better gun. Just something to think about, I don't know a whole lot about the 2 guns you mention, but I do know the 870 Express is an awesome gun for not too much money. You can get the Expresses with a 3.5" chamber, too.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks for the input, I'll take a look at that one. Any other opinions, anybody?

Davis Goertzen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I am assuming that if I did go with the Remington 870, all Rem. 12 guage chokes fit all Rem. 12 guage shotguns?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Davis,

Yep, they're all Rem Chokes.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote