Find
Notify
Tools

Re: DeHaan SxS Shotguns
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
A local store got some Huglu shotguns in. They look fine to me and I intend to get one. The Dehann are the Huglu. Huglu makes several different models. Dehann is selling them for lots more money than you can get the Huglu for.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I am tempted by the Dehaan. I have talked with Mark Dehaan and my understanding is that Dehaan's are made by Huglu but to better standards. Each one is individually inspected upon arrival in the states. Check out Dehaan website. They sound very nice for the price.

Posts: 2582 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I've been to Mark's place, and handled about 20 of his guns, straight from the sealed box. I consider them a good value, and I would have been happy with any one of them, with the exception of the auto's. Yuk.

The DeHaan's are built by the Huglu co-operative in Turkey, to Mark's specifications. Mark used to be the importer for Huglu, until the co-operative pulled the rug out from under him. Huglu wants you to think really bad that they are the same guns, but the standards ARE different, and so are the models. Different wood (both grade and configuration), different barrel options, etc.

Another difference is customer service. Mark shoots at our club, and I doubt you will find a nicer chap, anywhere. I have never seen anyone complain about his service. Occasionally, things break (firing pins were soft on one run), but Mark takes care of them, and quickly. You may wish to investigate the Huglu customer service before deciding.... HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote