Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win model 12, 12 gauge
 Login/Join

posted
Bought one the other day and I need a little help. This thing has a compensator on the end of the barrel made by Weaver. The end piece unscrews from the compensator. It has two small holes on its side and the number "1/4" stamped on it's side. How's this thing work. It does not seem to be threaded into the compensator very tight. To be honest, I'm afraid of blowing this thing off the end of the barrel.
Another problem. When the trigger is pulled to fire the shotgun, the forearm will not come back. Instead, you need to push the forarm forward just a bit. This will unlock the action letting the forearm come back. This, I do beleive is not right. Every other shot enableingthe the shotgun with this shotgun i

posted Hide Post
Sorry....hit the wrong key. Anyway the forearm will not come straight back when the trigger is pulled. Something is not letting the action to unlock after the trigger is pulled. Constructive comments welcome.

Thanks

GT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have any knowledge about the "dial-a-duck" on the end of the barrel, but the other problem is normal and not normal if it don't do it. It is designed that way; when you fire a live round through it, the recoil causes your forend hand to slide the forend forward thus unlocking the action so you can cycle it.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
1/4 refers to a "quarter bore" choke or about .010" constriction, i.e. an improved cylinder choke.

Dry firing the gun and not having the slide come back sounds normal to me also. It should come back with no conscious forward movement when firing a live shell.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway the forearm will not come straight back when the trigger is pulled. Something is not letting the action to unlock after the trigger is pulled

Ditto Jim Kobe...nothing wrong with it

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote