Find
Notify
Tools

Sporting clays auto
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
I have a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II. Beautiful gun, but I have to shoot Lefty due to an eye injury. I have no intention of parting with it, but I don't shoot it as well as some other guns. I have no problems shooting a right hand gun from the "wrong side"

Any opinions on sporting clays autos? I have been looking at prices on used Browning Gold Sporting clays, I like the factory porting already done.

My daughter is shoot on the local team, and kicking my butt....we just can't have this guys.

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
acsteele,

Why don't you look into a new stock for your 687 or trading for a left-handed one (I'm 99% sure that you can find one)? If you like the gun, why not stick with it and make it fit yourself? Look up Hi-Grade Shooters Supplies if that sounds good to you, they usually have a lot of left-handed guns. Tell them Justin Lancaster sent you! Wink

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
We sure see a lot of Beretta's both 391's and 390's at all the shoots. Some of the best shooters in the country swear by them.

My son shoots a 390 I won years ago at an event and I'm amazed at how reliable it's been.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Check with Cole in Maine. They keep stocks on hand for many Beretta models. Both right and left handed. Chip

Chip Pitcairn

Posts: 42 | Location: Corpus Christi, Republic of Texas (occupied) | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Benelli Super Sport auto which I regret selling. It was a great clays gun. Take a look at one of them. Pricey, but worth it.

PS---I had the honor of meeting your uncle many years ago. Great man, great American.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Remington M1100 Sporting.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I sure love my Silver Pigeon grade III, but I find myself bringing my Benelli Super Sport more & more.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Benelli makes semi-autos for southpaws:
http://hunting.about.com/gi/dy.../www.benelliusa.com/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta autos clap

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote