Find
Notify
Tools

My LC Smith premier grade
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
I have an LC Smith premier grade and it's in amazing condition. I had mentioned this to a local gunsmith and be said that he was an LC Smith collector and would love to see my shotgun. I took it over tonight and it was fun to watch the expression on his face when I pulled it out of the case.

This particular LC Smith was given to my great grandfather by RJ Reynolds. They were hunting buddies. It is in pristine condition and I will cherish it forever. The gunsmith tonight kept saying "it looks brand new!". It was nice to see somebody that appreciates these shotguns be able to admire one that I will cherish until the day that I die.

If anybody here likes these old guns I'll post a few pictures

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Please do!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Would really like to see pics.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Heres mine...

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Great old Smith. My first shotgun was a 12 gauge Field Grade, a Christmas gift from my grandfather.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed!!!!! That is a beauty!!!!!

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!...and a two barrel set at that!!! thumb

Wonder what the cost was new?

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Nice!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a nice one!

Cheers,

George

Posts: 9 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drummond, what you have is a very nice example of a No.3 Gun. It was introduced in 1892 at a price of 100.00 and discontinued in 1912. Try and find a copy of William Brophy's L. C. Smith Shotguns, you'll enjoy it greatly. Thanks for sharing the pics. Hang on to it, those clean pre-1913 guns are becoming hard to find.

Scott

Posts: 414 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice its just begging to have some birds shot with it.

The roar of grouse wings the flush of a pheasent and the boom of a fine shotgun.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
excellent! a true, well cared for classic!

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote