New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ruger Gold Label
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, from what I hear still not available, but believe me I'll figure out a way to afford one... Gotta have it!

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Save your money.
Saw it at the SHOT Show when it first came out and the wood did not fit and the lock up was horrible and sloppy.

Stevens is making a decent SxS and Stoger, AAI, and EAA import good stuff as well.

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought mine off the rack in early December. It has none of the problems mentioned, and I am very satisfied with the quality. I'll just have to see if it passes the test of time. I don't think that I will be shooting any 3" shells in it since it is so light, but I don't shoot them much anyway. I think that it is worth another look.

Harry
"Some days the sun doesn't shine and the sky ain't blue" that is what the second barrel is for

DRSS
http://www.twinxblades.com/

Posts: 62 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
There is one on the rack at a gun peddler in town. I was not impressed with the wood fit, however, the metalwork was impeccable, with the exception of one of the choke tubes standing "proud" of the barrel (could have been just loose, though).

Handles well, swings very nice. Just needs to be in 20 ga, that's all.... Wink Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch: I'll second that. I've been looking for a nice side-by-side in 20 gauge with a pistol grip stock and interchangeable choke tubes with very little selection. I'm still looking if anyone has any suggestions. Gary T.

"We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm." - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Huglu would be about the same fit and finish as most Rugers and you can get it right now.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,

Where is that shop with the Gold Label? Can you get me a phone number by chance and I'll give them a call...

Thanks Smiler

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
It's been a couple of weeks, so I don't know if it's still there, but it's Ski's guns in Idaho Falls..... HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to handle one at the NWTF show in Nashville last weekend. It had very decent wood, straight stock, properly fitted, the wrist was like holding a small child's hand. Awesome. Very nicely balanced. Very sharp, fine checkering. I'm waiting for the 20, or, better yet, 28 gauge at about 5 3/4 pounds. I want Scrollcutter to engrave mine.....

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote