THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Spanish 20ga marked Universal Firearms--any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spanish 20ga marked Universal Firearms--any good?
 Login/Join

<xs headspace>
posted
Guy has a 20 ga double F/S marked Universal Firearms. Blue book says $300-350. Anybody know if this has decent steel for conversion into a 45-70 DR? Has Greener cross bolt, but photo looks like high school class engraving.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know that brand, but I know that a lot of really cheap (and I don't mean inexpensive) shotguns were imported from Spain in the '60s and '70s. I wouldn't chance it. If nothing else, I wouldn't put that much work into a gun with cheap small action parts, which many of the Spanish guns of the era had.

The Laurona guns that sold in Sears stores under the Sears brand name were pretty well made, and sell for the same price. I would try to find one of them, in that price range.

Posts: 142 | Location: southwest Missouri | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote