Find
Notify
Tools

Started shooting Clays again
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I bought a new Benelli M2 Field (I think that's what it is called the 3 inch SBE), anywhoo I am getting the hang of it again.

I shot a couple rounds of trap last Saterday and then five stand on Sunday. This weekend I shot 2 rounds of wabble trap (my first at that game with any gun), and then a really nice round of Sporting. This was all at the Scarbourough range in Scarborough Maine. It's about 3 miles from Cabelas. Nice range, nicest sporting clays range I have ever shot.

I'd like to try a Blaser F3 or Krieghoff K80, anyone know where a guy can try an upscale gun?

My next purchase is probably the Ruger 20 gauge red label with an English stock.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Oh, forgot:

Broke 17 and 20 on trap
8 twice on five stand (windy is my excuse).
35 on sporting
and 21 and 22 on wabble.

So other than I am shooting cross eyed, and the gun doesn't fit, anyone got any good pointers?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99,

You might want to call Ottsville, PA to see about getting to try a K80 somewhere, they should have a list of guns that offer that service. In fact, if you call around to some of the stores that sell clay target shotguns some of them will let you try their used guns if they know you or if they are at a shoot. That's what I do for most of my shotguns before I buy mine, but the gunstores around here know if I take something out of the store I'm going to buy it, so they always let me take whatever I want home with me! If you can't find anywhere to try a K80 at, give Seven Springs a call in Champion, PA, they just put a sporting clays range in and they should have a few K80 Sporting guns to try out. If you would consider a Caesar Guerini, you can come to Nemacolin Woodlands (one of the nicest sporting clays ranges in the country) and try one of them (as well as some Berettas). I'm biased, though, I work at Nemacolin and hope you decide to come visit us there! Since you're coming from Maine, though, you might as well stop by both places....just a thought, anyway... Big Grin

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I'll try and find a closer one. I move to Florida in September, maybe I can stop in on the way down.

I only have a couple more shotguns I want:

Either a F3 Sporting or a K80 Sporting.

Merkel 2016 with an English stock

AYA or Arrieta round action 16 Gauge with single trigger and an English stock

Ruger Woodside English stock

Ruger Red Label English stock

And I'll be done, seriously done. Or I think so anyway!