New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage made shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello guy's i ran across a browning mod 30 shotgun ser#58624 i was told by browning that this gun was made for westernfield by savage but they had no idea of when was made.My question is when was this made and anyone have idea where i could get a new barrel or have one made thnx help appreciated

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
<MACKCOOK>
posted
IS IT A PUMP ACTION WITH A BARREL ASSY THAT IS GROOVED DOWNWARD?IF IT IS THEN IS THE RECIEVER ROUNDED OR SQUARED?COULD POSSIBLY BE A STEVENS 520/620 WHICH WAS A BROWNING DESIGNED BETWEEN THE 97 AND THE MODEL 12.

one of us
posted Hide Post
yes it is a browning pump mod 30 ser 58624 and it does have the downward grooves on the action slide and does have the hump.appreciate the replies so far thnx again any info helps

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe so far this may cross reference into the stevens mod 520 according to some replies as far as markings the gun is rusted bad and can't read barrel except browning and 12ga the mod 30 can be read on left side of reciever at bottom

<MACKCOOK>
posted
If it were me and i lived in New York i would go to the gun part's corp/ Numrich arms web site and find out there hours and take a drive to West Hurley, New York,... If stevens 520 barrels will slide in, and it sounds like they will, they have a lot of new one's i purchased one recently, it was new, how ever there's a catch where the barrel assy and the reciever meet, at the factory they preasembled then cut the parting line at the bottom so they fit is more concentric with the gun, with out this you'll have to try a few barrel assemblies to find one that fits/looks good.... my gunsmith chewed me out when i showed him my old barrel with rust, he' said thats not a bad spot shoot it and oil it a few times and it'll work for another 10 years??? go figure, i still have the other barrel for reserve when the old one goes, being that your gun is a true browning there is a possibility of its collector value, don't know..? really like those guns in the field they handle well and I shoot a auto 5 belguim and a model 12 , also, but i almost always take the model 30.

<Alonzo Tubbs>
posted
Bear, Where you getting all these old guns?

'Lonzo

one of us
posted Hide Post
These 3 old shotguns a friend has it's a case where people miss used them or forgotten them somewhere and it's too late so they either throw them out or give them to people like me that can't stand to see good guns die i also have a rem mod 10 12ga i took apart and got to clean up yet maybe this winter.I'm a guy with alot of guns and people see i take really good care for them so once in awhile i even get good shooters that don't need work.