THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Browning A-5 16 Bore from 1960s - WILL THESE HAVE A SPEEDLOAD FEATURE?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning A-5 16 Bore from 1960s - WILL THESE HAVE A SPEEDLOAD FEATURE?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As said, I am maybe bidding on one, or two, remotely, at auction. They are 1960s guns. Now I know that 1960s 12 bore A5 guns have the speedload feature. But the 16 bore guns I don't know. Indeed some say that no matter when they were made that the 16 bore guns never had a speedload feature. Please let me know...especially if you can post a link or, even have a 1960s 16 bore A5. Many thanks all!

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I had an early 80s Sweet Sixteen that had speedload. Not sure if that helps at all. Wish I had it back, but someone stole it out of my truck. Roll Eyes

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's JUST the sort of thing I do want to hear, yes, well other than that it was stolen. But yes comments from people that have owned such made form the 1960s onwars, in 16 gauge, yes. More please.

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, simply.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My grandad’s favorite shotgun.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if SD members know but, is said, that Josef Broz Tito of Yugoslavia shot his driven pheasants with three Browning A-5 guns and a team of two loaders.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plain and simply "YES"

Posts: 49 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
My grandad’s favorite shotgun.

Still my favorite! I have them in 12, 20 and 16 gauge. Some gauges in multiple numbers. I have dozens of shotguns in all makes, models and kinds, so saying that the Auto 5 is my favorite comes from my own personal experience.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Shot my first deer with a humpback. In sweet sixteen no less.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote