THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    WINCHESTER 12 GA. DIAMOND GRADE TRAP GUN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WINCHESTER 12 GA. DIAMOND GRADE TRAP GUN
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The local ad in the classified says:

"WINCHESTER 12 GA. DIAMOND GRADE TRAP GUN w own hard case, new $900/bo"

Is it worth looking into? Any of you gentlemen have one?

Thanks.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably a fancy grade Model 101.

I think they made double and triple diamond grades as well.

Depending on condition, I would say $900 sounds very reasonable.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
It turns out that it is a 7 year old single bbl model. The owner said that it has not been used at all and it is just "collecting dust" in his closet.

Is it still worth that kind of cash?

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't remember Winchester making any break action shotguns that recently.

Not many single barrel shotguns are worth $900 so I would assume this one is no exception to that rule.

Try contacting Winchester to see if they can give you any info on it.

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
the win 101 diamond grade was made as a competition gun in trap, skeet, and 4 barrel skeet sets. Made in the 80's if i remember. A single barrel trap model is worth less as it cant be used for doubles in the trap shooting game. Parts can be hard to find. The browning citori out sold the win. The factory in Japan where the gun was made became a roller skating rink lol. The trigger on a new 20 ga skeet became so light after little use that it was unsafe to fire with out repairs. Put your money in a used browning citori o/u

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Win History Funny, history does not show a model 101, only a 1001. It was make in Japan.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 2 barrel set Diamond grade 101 (made by Miruku) trap with monte carlo stock in the late 60's. Single barrel was 30" modified with a high raised rib and double was 30" modified and imp modified. I shot it for awhile with the single barrel and didn't like it and eventually sold it and bought an FN Browning trap gun...wish I had the Browning back in MY rack now!! $900 seems a little high.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote