New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 471 SxS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seriously considering selling/trading some of my unused/unfired rifles for subject shotgun. Set budget of no more than $4,000.00 and would like to hear from some owners of the 471 if they like the shotgun or other shotguns of the same level that might be considered?? All help appreciated.
Thanks,

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 471 silverhawk, straight grip. It fits me physically, and both barrels pattern perfect which kind of proves it they say. I only have a 200 rounds through it, it shoots perfectly so far. As long as I do not aim, it is pretty deadly on clay birds.

I tried several side by sides including merkels, AYAs (4/53 and cabelas, #2 round action), and the pistol grip version of my 471. They are all nice, but did not fit me.

It is a well made shotgun. But the experts (I am not one) say that "FIT IS IT".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a 471 Silver hawke multi choke 28 inch barrels last year straight stock, lovely gun,would have loved an AYA but found them a bit short. Im 6ft & 17 stone found 471 almost perfect ut of box could do with about an inch longer in stock, ill get it done when season is over. Good luck
Deerhunter
ireland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. There are a couple of these shotguns in the area I have since learned and going to visit and see how they "fit/feel," but my use will be casual club skeet shooting and grouse hunting. Again, thanks.
martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MFD,

Are there any grouse left in WV? I've been trying to find some up here in PA with no luck for some time now. Got any advice as to where to start looking for them in WV?

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
We do have some for sure, but they are spotty at best. I am fortunate to have several hundred acre farm available to hunt whatever on and I do see them while cruising the property from time to time. Some sixty years ago, while hunting with my father on same basic area, we seldom went out that we did not jump quite a lot of grouse and that is certainly not the case today.
Game in general is plentiful these days regarding deer, bear, squirrels, rabbits, turkey, etc., but as I said, the grouse is very spotty. Have not seen quail in 30 years or more though and those used to be very common. We have a fair amount of coyote these days and figure they take their share. You could say I am just trying to revive fond memories of the past w/ a good SxS and hunting grouse w/ my father. Been checking out those grouse hunts offered in Ontario which I understand is very good and from what I have determined, not a king's ransom to do either. Most likely will book one of those pkg. deals this coming Fall. Take care,

martin