THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Traditions(Fausti) Field Hunter O/U
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traditions(Fausti) Field Hunter O/U
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of yotecaller
posted
My Wife bought me a Traditions Field Hunter Over Under 12 Guage Shotgun for my birthday and I can`t beleave how well made it is.It came with 3 scew in chokes and it only cost $500 and looks and feels as nice as a $2000 shotgun.I wanted a Browning Citori but we could not afford one.But I am very happy with the Traditions.Do any of you guys and gals have one of these?And how do you like it?

Posts: 345 | Location: NH | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
<ChuckD>
posted
yotecaller: Yes, I have one in 12 gauge/28" barrels. I still hunt (quail and grouse) with my old Savage Fox 20 with SHORT barrels and very open chokes, but use the Traditions for shooting club sporting clays. To the dismay of the "clerk" at the local Wallyworld, I insisted on going through the boxes to find one with the best wood--man did I find a stunner. The clerk understood when he saw what I selected. Initially, I had a few problems hitting long crossers, so I patterned the gun, and found that I was shooting quite low, and even further left. Patterns were okay, but not great. There was too much recoil into my face. I went to work on fitting the gun. The lop was short, the pitch was not allowing me to see enough barrel, and I wasn't getting into the comb hard enough. The upshot was that after I made corrections so that the gun fit me better, my scores improved a lot. I ordered the Traditions extended tubes, and patterned the gun with the new tubes--these throw fantastic patterns! They are so even in shot distibution now, that I am shooting the best I have ever done. 22's and 23's are now my norm--not bad for a new shotgun shooter with 40 years experience as a rifle shooter. And yes, I too think that these are a great buy, even if you get plain wood. I've only had mine since last summer, but have run about 3000 rounds through it, and keep liking the gun more. I have seen nothing in this price range that compares....Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw one for the first time at a gunshop the other day. 20 ga. Pretty nice, for $900 Cdn (and that's at one of the more expensive shops around). I let my buddy know about it, since he's in the market.

Maybe we'll check it out next week.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ChuckD,
Who sells these Traditions in Oregon?
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you have to pay?
Which model do you have of Traditions?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 28ga. and it is a good gun for the money it was 700 dollars and shoots as well as my pricier o/u,s.I have heard that Walmart sells them but have never seen one at the local store.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought a Traditions 12 ga o/u with caromed barrels 28" long has a button that you can switch witch barrel to fire first also has 3.5" chambers. I took it out and fired it with 3.5" shell and the first shot didn't hurt but the second shot I wasn't prepared for.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where is ChuckD?

<ChuckD>
posted
Norseman--I was in the bathroom...Nah, Iv'e been reloading shotshells everynight for a week. Anyway, I bought mine at Walmart in Springfield. I don't know who else sells them, but you probably could find this out on the Traditions website. My first impressions of this brand were not positive, as I had seen several cheap and crappy muzzleloaders at various rendezvous, but these shotguns are a different story. Take care, Chuck