Find
Notify
Tools

PATTERNMASTER??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
I ended up with a patternmaster choke. I got in a box of stuff in a combo deal. The choke fits my Benelli SBE..

My question is.... Since I know nothing about pattern master.Is

1. The choke is marked only with "Pattermmaster ben/ber Ext... Whats this all mean??

2. Is this good with steelshot and for ducks?

3. It looks like the inside of the choke actually has a ridge? and 4 points that would be in the way of shot n wads.(like they would hang up)??

please help educate me on this product. Thanks in advance, <>< Marc

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To save me a lot of typing http://patternmaster.com/
explains their chpkes pretty well Big Grin

They work as advertised...

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a patternmaster choke for my 10ga for turkey. It is impressive how well it patterns with heavyshot #5's at 50yd. I have actually killed turkeys at over 60yds with it.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a PatternMaster on my SBE and was not impress as all, factory tube were superior whether it was heavy shot or steel shoot regardless of shot size from T to # 4, however, it was great for shooting buckshot and they pattern extremely well at 70 yards.

I now shoot a Reemington SP-1O and it doe's the job with factory choke tubes for waterfowl and most importantly turkeys.

Briley choke tubes is the way to go with Ben/Beretta for most hunting applications unless you planned on hunting deer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maddog- I suggest you test it with several loads on paper at 40 yds. If a load gives you a tight pattern at 40 yds. then test it at 50, 60 + yds. The results might be very eye opening. It is also a good idea to do this with other choke tubes you have depending on whether you are using lead, bismuth or iron/steel based shot, etc. I am cosidering a Pattermaster choke in either Black Game or long range for testing BB's and the various sized buckshot. There was an article in the Varmint Hunter in the April-June, 2010 issue by L.P. Brezny concerning choke tubes and how they can effect the pattern down range. It is worth reading!Most of the friends I hunt with never pattern their loads except on live game.
Patterning loads on paper takes time- it is worth every hour I have spent testing!

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jim...

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote