New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slugs for Benelli S.B.E. II?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm having a heck of a time. I need a slug that shoots 1800+ f.p.s. I can get good groups at 50 to 65 yards, but that is not what that gun is made for. I have gone thru most faster sabots but cannot find an accurate one. Need some input from S.B.E. owners of what they shoot. Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 560 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I just got a SBE Slug Barrel also...let me know your findings please.You may want to try Lightfield Slugs....fast and great feedback on them..BassPro carries some of their different ones.The 3.5" one hits 1900 with 600 grains,4800 ft pds!..I bought a case of Brenneke 3" Gold and am hoping tht does well on the bench when I get the time to sight in!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
The slugs we had the best luck with in our Super Black eagle slug barrel are the Federal 3/4 oz. 2 3/4" barnes expanders
Ben

Posts: 147 | Location: WI | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, After calling Benelli and them telling us that their fast twist barrels do not shoot the high velocity slugs, we were very pissed. Thats why we bought the guns. We settled on Remington Accu tips at 1850fps. The Barnes expander is what I shoot but I get a flyer out of the gun quite often. The expanders give a better group except for the flyers that kick in. The Accu tips are consistant but not as tight. We have tried probably every sabot out there passed 1500 fps. The Buckhammers shoot good groups but are a tad slow at 1550 fps. Anything passed the 1900 fps mark, and most all of the sabots get 18-24'' groups. I hope this helps because those sabots can get expensive trying to find the right one for your gun. Thank you Bulbwerks for your input.

Posts: 560 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 12 gauge 3" accutips out of my Browning A Bolt Slug gun and the downrange performance is awesome to say the least, just don't take a texas heart shot if a deer is running away it makes a hell of a mess. The deer was mortally wounded already but I was raised to shoot till they stop moving.

Everone I know who has a Benelli barrel has the flyer issue except the guy who we hunt with that has an original E.R. Shaw barrel. FOr some reason the old expanders not the tipped expanders always shot better out of all our guns.

Good Luck hunting.
Ben

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
What kind of groups are you getting from that A Bolt with the Accutips?

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
"Everone I know who has a Benelli barrel has the flyer issue except the guy who we hunt with that has an original E.R. Shaw barrel. FOr some reason the old expanders not the tipped expanders always shot better out of all our guns."

Bulbwerks,Does ER Shaw make a barrel for the Benelli as you stated above?Confused? bewildered If not,what is his Shaw barrel on? Thanks

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
From my A bolt I get .75-1.5 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards depending on the lot#. My dad's Gold Hunter does the same. Both of these guns shoot lights out with the older Barnes 3/4oz expander but Federal changed something and they no longer shoot like they used to.

As for the E.R. Shaw barrel, the original HK Benelli Super Black Eagle slug barrels were made by Shaw and are slightly heavier in contour and A LOT better in quality than the ones that Benelli has been making for themselves. There aren't alot of these barrels around and are kind of a cult/collectors item. The only way to tell them is that they are actually stamped E.R. Shaw on the barrel. They are basically the Tar Hunt barrel threaded into a Benelli upper receiver with open sights atttached.
Ben

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! Now,If I could get your friend to sell me his Shaw barrel! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
If I find one I will let you know.
Ben

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Great,thanks!

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Got my Shaw Barrel! clap

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
Nice, did you get a slug forarm with it?

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Yes and now I may sell the Original Benelli Slug Barrel with a Camo Forearm for it...