THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    H & K, Fabarm Classic Lion Double SXS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H & K, Fabarm Classic Lion Double SXS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has any member had the chance to look at one of these double barrelled shotguns. I have only seen pictures and I am somewhat interested. They are made in Italy by Fabarms Heckler and Koch and list around $1400. If anyone seen one and handled one I sure would like your thoughts.

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
J&R Shooting in Aurora had a few some months ago. I hoisted a 12-gauge and left feeling that is was clunky. The locking system uses four lugs, which assures that the gun will stay tight regardless of what's put through it. They're tough guns, for sure, but lack the balance that makes a lively gun. I suspect that you shoot at Aurora, right?

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, I'll give J & R a call and your rightI have been a ASC member for little over 20years.

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
Before you buy that Fabarm I would strongly suggest you spend a couple of weekends at busy trap & skeet fields. Talk to people who have one, and especially the field's management - they know who has problems with what guns. Virtually *everyone* I know who has had a Fabarm (OU or SxS) has had problems. Almost always it's with the trigger mechanism.

My own Fabarm is their Monotrap. I love it in that it fits as if custom made, balances well and I score very well with it. Had it a little less than a year. At less than 800 round the anti-recoil cylinder broke (tan gunk all over). Last week the trigger gave out.

Sure, it has a life-time warranty, but turn-around time can be several weeks to several months. If I had checked Fabarm's reputation out first, I would not have bought it.

Steve