New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 12 Winchester Prices
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gun value question. First I have to admit I like model 12s. I just picked up a mat rib 30" 12ga. in 80 to 90% condition for $250. The action is bank valult tight and the take down ring has not been moved. I don't think the original owner shot it much. The M-12 is probably the best pump ever made, IMHO, yet, you can pick them up out here for half the price of an K-mart 870. This one was especially nice so I paid a premium. I have seen some solid plain barrel guns for under $200. I will ream it to modified. I know folks like the choke tubes, but, I have almost exclusively used the modified tube in other guns. Guns that wear out and break down by the way.......The 3" factor escapes me too. You only gain a couple of yards with steel shot and with tungsten it all all a thing of the past. Anyway, for less than 300 I have a lifetime shotgun, why would anyone get a new gun with plastic and aluminum parts for a bunch more dough? I really don't get why M-12s are sleepers. Anyone care to speculate as to why the value is so low?

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scot, If you come across one in 28 ga let me know.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Scot,
If you come across any in 20 or 28 gauge for $200.00-$250.00 let me know. I'll buy all you can get your hands on!

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
at one time we did conversions of 20 gage to 28 gage m-12's,i'll look around for the tooling,we never threw anything out.i picked up a 16 gage for $175.00,in the box with no marks on it,around here the 16's are cheaper but for the most part the prices are $300.00 to $500.00 for a good used one,not the y-models.

Posts: 7 | Location: olathe, Kansas | Registered: 25 November 2004Reply With Quote