THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Need help on a Remington Model 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help on a Remington Model 31
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Can anyone lead me to a gunsmith with experience working on the Remington Model 31?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What problem are you having, I do have the factory service manual for the 31 and have worked on a couple, they are kind of rare in my area.

www.duanesguns.com
dgr@duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Duane, thanks for responding, I'm trying to help out a friend here and resources for this gun in France are scarce indeed. He has managed to buy a reprint of the owners manual and started ordering some parts for his rebuild. He got the carrier but it is not identical to the one he is replacing, although it is surely a Model 31 carrier. We are thinking that he has one of the first versions (502700 serial number in 20 gauge) and that some of the parts changed with variations. How can we get the right carrier?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington offered 3 types of carriers one for each 12ga 16ga 20ga I have a 1950's parts catalog and that's what it list. they also had two types of trigger guards. Let me now if you would like a copy??
Tim

Posts: 62 | Location: Wirt, MN | Registered: 21 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim is on the right track, I will look at my stuff and see if I can come up with any more information that will help. Duane

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote