Find
Notify
Tools

Fitted Case
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted
Greetings! I just became the owner of a little 20 GA O/U – says it is a “Ted Williams Mod 400†but I think it is the sameo-sameo as a Winchester 101 – at least it appears to be identical to my 101 skeet gun. I think it deserves a fitted case. Anyone that has made one or has any info on how to best proceed I would certainly appreciate the info. Pics would be an absolute plus.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might take a peek at

http://connecticutshotgun.com/data/comersus/store/comer...ts.asp?idCategory=71

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TrapperP,
If you truly want a fitted case it will set you back a bundle. If what you want is a nice leather case as shown below, they are very good and will do the job nicely and they are more generic to shotguns based on length of barrel etc.

A fitted case is built to the particular gun in question by folks like Marvin Huey and it will cost in the neighborhood of $2K to $3K.

If you look at the menu on the link for Jeff's Outfitters and find the one for cases, you will find some very nice leather cases for around $300. For about half of that you can get a canvas and leather case.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info re fitted cases but I must not have been clear in my inital post - I want to MAKE a fitted case, not buy one. I was looking to find someone that had done so and see what tips they might have re materials, etc.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we had read your post more carefully, we would have seen that. You might try to call Marvin Huey and see if he has the time. He built a great case for a rifle I was involved with and it fit like a glove. I was instructed not to finish the checkering as he actually pounds it in to fit. Other than that, I know nothing about building them.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote