THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Re: Benelli vs. Beretta - opinions wanted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Benelli vs. Beretta - opinions wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of sako
posted
Go for the Benelli! Great shotguns,I love em!
Just my 2 cents

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the "new" SBE, but a guy I duck hunted with a few years ago had a SBE & had problems with it. It would jam every so often, with both 3" and 3 1/2" loads.

It used to pi$$ him off to no end that while he was screwing with it, I just kept shucking away with my $200 Remington M870, dropping ducks while he could only watch.

I also had another friend with more money than sense, who bought a SBE for himself, and a Montefeltro 20 ga for his son, based on "the salesman's recommendation at the store". (Wanna bet the guy was working on commission? ). We went out to the sporting clays range a few times. The Montefeltro functioned fine, but kicked hard for a 20 ga, due to the light weight & their action design. The father's SBE was another "malfunctioner". I don't think either one of them have shot those shotguns in at least a year now...

They may have improved something, but I was never impressed with them; thought they were over-rated, and definitely overpriced.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone had a chance to shoot the Weatherby SAS? I handled one this weekend and seems like a fairly nice shotgun, less money than the Beretta or Benelli too.

Posts: 214 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
duckster,

I hunted with an extrema for the past two seasons and loved it. I never had a problem at all and recoil was very manageable, less than the SBE. I recently sold it to help finance another gun project but I will be buying another before waterfowl season.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Beretta 303's, a 390, and a Silver Mallard(Benelli action). I love 'em all. I had a SBE briefly and it just didn't turn me on. Worked well but then so does an 1100. I'd use a Beretta or one of the Montefeltro actions ,not an SBE.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote