Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli Black Finish
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
Does anyone know what is the black Finish on the Benelli shotguns? Like the "Super black Eagle II" any experance with it? Does it hold up? Do they hold up as well as the Camo ones?
What is the coating/finish?

Thanks Marc

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what it is but it is a much more durable than the camo. I've used an original SBE for nothing but salt water waterfowl since I got it over 10 years ago, still in great shape.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is supported to be super wear resistant

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replys. My early H&K SBE shows little signs of wear at the sharp edges, and a couple of areas where the "camo" looks almost like it wants to peel, but it's not peeling (just trying to describe). My buddy's SBE II looks much the same (most sharp edges worn). The camo is GOOD to say the least.

I'm getting ready to get a new SBE II. I'm getting a little tired oh the Camo look. That's why the debate in my mind. I see no info on any web sites with this BLACK finish decribed.
I want Black. But won't settle for a lesser finih if the camo is better.

Best decisions are made by others in put and experience In something like this.
Thanks Marc

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I bought my SBE II I talked to the East coast top sales rep. Can't remember his name.
His statement was that the black finish was by far NOT as durable to weather as the camo. It was a good finish but would show rust on blued parts fast if not properly taken care of (duh like most guns)..
But I got the camo and have never had a problem. And its been used hard!!
Hope this helps..

Posts: 210 | Location: Ncal | Registered: 02 May 2007Reply With Quote