New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta's dealing!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just noticed that Beretta is doing two new deals this fall.

The first is on any 682 Gold E Sporting, Trap, etc.
Buy one of these and they'll GIVE you a 3901 Shotgun at no charge!

The second is on the 381 Field guns. Buy any 391 Field gun and get $245 in goodies from them (choke tubes, stuff like that).

This is good in the US only though [Frown]

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Beretta shotguns, don't get me wrong. But this just tells me that they have their stuff priced too high if they can "throw in" an extra gun on a purchase. Why not reduce prices slightly, across the board? It will make me wonder next time I'm looking for a shotgun, just how much they are making on each sale.

I'm actually in the market for an O/U right now. I was looking at Berettas, although not the 682 Gold. Now I feel like I'm subsidizing somebody else's free gun if I buy a different model Beretta & don't get my "free" extra gun. [Frown]

[ 08-09-2002, 17:19: Message edited by: Cold Bore ]

posted Hide Post
Bbear,

Where did you see this offer? I couldn't find it on Beretta's website.

TIA,
George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got this info from a friend that is a rep for them.
counter cards should be popping up at local shops pretty soon, from what he said.

As for the profit comments, I've seen several companies do this same maneuver before they lower the price the next year.
Or, they do it when they have a product that they have an excess inventory of. Ever heard of a 'loss leader'???

And you have to take into account that the actual cost of the give aways probably isn't as much as what they advertise. I mean, a $700 + shotgun is the stated retail value of the gun. When was the last time you paid full retail for a shotgun.
Finally, the 3901 shotgun is the old 390 series shotgun. I'd wager that the tooling for that shotgun has already been paid for and that the cost to Beretta is much much lower than the suggested retail. but it's also a gun that's already been replaced in the market place by the AL391.

[ 08-10-2002, 07:00: Message edited by: Bbear ]

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from the Grand American Trap Shoot in Ohio. Beretta is indeed giving away a shotgun with the purchase of a 682 Gold E shotgun.
I was told that they're doing this because they have added the Optima Bore system to this gun. This is Beretta's overbore set-up w/ the 5" forcing cones. The same system that's on the DT10 target guns.
According to the rep there, they were selling like hotcakes.