THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    My Browning Gold is still jamming!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Browning Gold is still jamming!
 Login/Join

<Dasmoofler>
posted
Help! My Browning Gold 3 1/2" was jamming out of the box when I bought it a few years ago. The spent shell would eject, but the fresh shell would not tilt upward to feed and I would have to rap the shell plate upward to get it to feed. I returned it to Browning, and they fixed it, but now it's jamming in a very strange way. The spent shell is getting caught between the new shell trying to load and the breech end of the barrel. Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do to fix it?
Thanks,
John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had your exact problem, but my Gold Sporting - I bought "very used" -- after a couple thousand rounds -- would not close the bolt on the shell auto feed from the magazine after about 175 rounds from a cleaned gun.

I ended up replacing the spring in the butt stock that forces the bolt forward. That fixed it.

A thousand shells or so later the nylon block that stops the bolt when ejecting a fired shell broke. Easy enough to replace.

Another 1000 or so shells and the firing pin broke
again easy to replace but an expensive part.

Good luck.

BTW - both Browining and Brownells have parts for the Gold.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Dasmoofler>
posted
Thanks Trigger,

I wish I had that many rounds through this sucker! I have maybe 500-700 rounds. I'll keep pluggin' away and see if anything loosens up or exposes itself in need of replacement.

Thanks again,

John

<DuaneinND>
posted
The ONLY fix I have found for a Browning Gold 3.5" is to trade it off!