Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 1100 chokes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good day folks,

I just acquired a pair of Remington 1100s ( one 12 and one 20 )at a nice price. They are both older models, without the Remchokes, but in good condition.

I see that I can buy new barrels with Remchokes for under $200, and Seminole will do their own choke installations for $230.

Is there a significant difference in the quality of the Seminole product to merit having their chokes put in the original barrel, or would you think it best to buy a new Remington barrel with choke tubes included?

thanks for any input

DJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am not familiar with Seminole's chokes or work so have no comment there. However, I might suggest that you look around for a used 1100 barrel with choke tubes or one in the choke you want, besides the one you have obviously. They are plentiful and can be had pretty reasonable if you are patient.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a number of used barrels on eBay everyday. That's where I picked up my Remchoke barrel for my 1100.

Hollywood

Posts: 286 | Location: Capitol City TX | Registered: 06 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I had a smith do my 1100 a few years ago,,he charged $125 and kicked in 2 tubes of my choice.He does nice work,He's located in montgomery co md. if you're interested i'll try to find his #,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent suggestion, I don't know why I didn't think of it. You just need to be sure that whoever is doing the work knows what he is doing and gets the chokes threaded square with the bore.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote