Find
Notify
Tools

Rizinni vs. Beretta?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted
A local shop has a nice Rizinni in 28 guage, and a Beretta silver pigeon V also in 28 g, for roughly the same price.

Any facts that argue for one over the other?

Also, I can't figure if the Silver pigeon V is a smaller frame (for 28 and 410) or based on the 20 g frame. Anybody know? The shop doesn't know, nor do they have anything to compare it to.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are four different firearms manufacturers by the name of Rizzini.

F.lli Rizzini make only high quality, custom made shotguns and rifles.

B. Rizzini produces the guns imported to the US by Rizzini USA, and previously by Sigarms (Sig Rizzini and Sigarms SA5)

I. Rizzini is better known as F.A.I.R., and makes guns sold under that name and also made the O/U guns sold under the Verona name.

E. Rizzini was formerly an independent company, but the E. Rizzini line of guns is now produced by the firm of Fausti Stefano.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
I can't give any info on the Rizzini. On the subject of the Beretta, there is two different sizes for the small gauges. There is a 20ga frame and a 28/.410 frame.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I don't know too much about Rizzini, but Beretta's are good guns. Not to mention, if something goes wrong with either one, you're probably more likely to get a gunsmith that's familiar with Beretta's than Rizzini's. But, I don't think you're going to have any trouble with the Beretta, especially if this is just going to be a hunting gun. If you are shooting a lot of clay targets with it, you might run into something eventually, but that's the case with any gun.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got a 28/410 2 bbl set of veronas - i like it lots. this was a high grade set with the 2 barrels and i think at the time it cost about 2000 (maybe 3 years ago) I've got a couple of berettas too and I guess between the bunch it comes down to whatever fits best and for how much $$

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I have both a Rizzini and a couple of berettas, and Ihave to admit that I really like the rizini even though in this case I could buy 6-7 of them for the price of my 682Gold E!! I don't know why but the gun just shoots well for me, even though I bought it for my wife who's a leftie.

Wham I'm getting at is that the suitability of the gun is more than the maker. Take a look at the chokes, the fit, stock length, the barrel length, (minimum 30" IMO for any small bore o/u) timber quality and the tightness of the actions.

Then get the one your gut instincts tell you is best for you.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote