New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ruger Gold Label
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw and handled one at the SHOT Show a couple years back.
Fit and finsih was VERY poor.
This is supposed to be their best of the best fit gun and it looks like it was slapped it together right before the show.
Wood did not fit and the action broke open rough and trigger was horrendous.
To me it is just an overpriced piece of junk.
I would advise against buying it.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know they still are not available on the shelves. It's been what?.... 2 years. But that is just in my neck of the woods.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The current issue of Shooting Sportsman Magazine has an extensive review by Bruce Buck on the manufacturing process and characteristics of the gun.

Several hundred have been delivered to the trade, but production is slow. The article explains why (lots of hand work).

All in all, it seems like more than fair value for the money. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Ruger has a new nice-looking sxs shotgun in their new catalogue. Has anyone tried it yet, and could tell some words about it?

There are some earlier postings about this gun, which says it hasn�t come on the market yet, but only is described in the catalogue and on Ruger�s web site. Is it still so?

Best regards,

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard lots of horror stories about them, especially the production delays and poor wood to metal finish on the preproduction ones. I guess Ruger ran into a bunch of problems trying to "tool up" to making a SxS. However, as others have the current reports/sightings have been pretty positive though there does seems to a be a problem of avalibility at the moment.

They seem to be a combination of a Dickson round action and as many parts as possible from the old Ruget Red Label.

I think its good that an American company has made the plunge to make a SxS, hope others follow.

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote