Notify
Tools

Kolar-Krieghoff difference???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted
Other than where they are made what ids the difference??????THANKS

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Mainly the action is a very different design. The K-80 has a top latch that holds the action shut while the Kolar uses two conical pins like the 680 series Berettas.

I've never owned either but for the many I've handled and shot they seem to balance and point very similarly. Some consider both heavy and slow but I really like the feel and smooth swing.

I've seen both shot without any problems for several 100K rounds and I've seen people have trouble from the beginning with either. Both companies seem to have good service.

Someday I will get one or the other. I like the idea that Kolar is US made but I also like how available service and parts are for the K-80's. Either one is a great gun.

My prospective is that of a West coast sporting clays shooter so opinions may vary other places and in other sports. In general I'd guess that Kreighoff owners are a little more confident that they have the perfect shotgun than Kolar owners are.

Unless you're looking for a really light/fast handling bird gun I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with either one.

You're welcome to email with other questions if I could be of help.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote