Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best Shotshell Press
 Login/Join

posted
For the money you can not beat the 9000G. I have a PW 800 B and ran over 30,000 trap shells though it before I have to send it in for a overhaul. cost was about $200 and have another 8,000 shells though it will out any problems. If I had the money I would get the PW Elite. Elite rounds the ends of the shells and is best for automatics.

MEC will take the 9000 G back and rebuild those also. So it comes down to money and personal perference.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to echo what has been said.

I have a lot of friends who shoot a lot of skeet.

One has 4 PWs and loves them. The other has 3 MEC 9000Gs because he cant afford a table full of PWs. The MEC is still a great loader, and if you count your shells by the hundreds and not thousands, probably the better deal.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Load about 10K a year on a MEC 9000G. IMO you can not beat it for the dollar. There are better loaders, but not for the money. Mec customer service is excellent, but so is RCBS's

The RCBS Grand is a good loader but you will need to take your time to set it up and get it right. A close friend has one, but has had to work through many problem to get it "right".

A Spolar is another great loader, but you will pay about 4X the 9000G price for it.

Chevy,Ford, Dodge, Import ????? which is best

Posts: 90 | Location: EastTN | Registered: 21 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never used a 9000H, anyone here have one?

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ponnis Warrin is a great reloader. Mec is not. I don't know about the Spoler. I have loaded thousands of shells on the PW and they come out great and always fit in every gun. The PW used a size die/ busshing to hold the shell and that makes sure it is never oversized. The crimps are superior.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote