New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cross over stock question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have developed macular degeneration in my right (master) eye. Can't see the front sight at all. No idea where it is and missed a dozen birds this fall. Can any one recommend a gun smith that can fit a cross over stock to my Beretta 20ga. 391?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Have you tried putting a small piece of tape over your dominant eye on your shooting glasses and shot left handed?

It worked for me. Little awkward in the beginning, but you learn quickly on a trap.

Posts: 361 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rear tube with the enclosed spring on the Beretta is not as easy to work with as say an over/under. We messed with a crossover on a Browning o/u 12ga, the recoil was severe even with 2 1/2 in shells. I think we used a rough inletted stock from Wenig. Good luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MeMe:
Have you tried putting a small piece of tape over your dominant eye on your shooting glasses and shot left handed?

It worked for me. Little awkward in the beginning, but you learn quickly on a trap.

I'm not that adaptable in my old age! dancing

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Good Luck with your search...
Are you able to see the intended target with your right eye? If so a bead is not really needed on a shotgun if the gun fits properly the hard focus should be the target and the barrels in your periphery. If not than making the effort to switch to the left side is a good alternative, spend twice a day mounting the gun you would be surprised how quickly you will pick it up...
Best of luck we, shall be rooting for you

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote