THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    leftie shooting right handed semi's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

leftie shooting right handed semi's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of beretta96
posted
Are there any lefties out there who have or are shooting right handed semi's? I've always been using right handed pumps with no problems, just curious if the semi's eject different and can hit the shooter.

I'm trying to decide between the extrema 2 and SBE2 and so far I've found that there has been more troubles with the SBE2. The only problem so far is that the extrema 2 isn't left handed.

If this hasn't been a concern for other lefties, then I'll order the extrema 2.

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Posts: 263 | Location: ontario, canada | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a right handed auto loader for years before finally one day getting burnt powder residue in my right eye. To this day I can no longer keep my right eye open while shooting.
I shoot left handed guns now.
My advice, if you want to shoot with both eyes open, get a lefty..otherwise, shoot what you want.LT

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot left and have never used anything other than a right-hand gun in an autoloader. Very few problems.

If low_tech thinks an autoloader is bad, he should have been shooting an old Mossberg bolt action with paper hulls and paper base wads 40 years ago. About two rims out of every box would "blow out", kinking the stamped metal extractor at a 90 degree dogleg and blowing powder and debris at the shooter. Toughens you up.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If low_tech thinks an autoloader is bad, he should have been shooting an old Mossberg bolt action with paper hulls and paper base wads 40 years ago. About two rims out of every box would "blow out", kinking the stamped metal extractor at a 90 degree dogleg and blowing powder and debris at the shooter. Toughens you up.

Something like "That which does not kiil you will make you stronger", yes? hammering

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My first four-gauge skeet set was a set of Remington 1100s. Although traded to Tournament Grades, I still have a set in my gunsafe as backup to my Beretta 682 tube set. I shoot the 1100s often just for fun. Also have 12 and 20ga Beretta 390s for hunting. Never have had a problem with right ejection and used to shoot almost 4,000 rounds in each gauge every year.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used RH semis, both shot and rifle, for 51 years now. No problem. HOWEVER as low_tech's post points out, shooting glasses are a must, even when hunting. Only LH shotgun I own is a 1972 vintage LH 1100 "B" grade skeet. I used RH 1100s for the other 3 guages when I was actively shooting skeet.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
On doubles, shooting skeet, station 6 , the ejected first empty shell can block your view of the second bird.Can't break 100 straight that way.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot left handed for the past thirty five years even though I am right handed, my left eye been my master eye. Have always had semi-autos had them all in all models Beretta,Browning,Remington,Benelli never had any problem. I have just bought the new Remington CTI-105 has bottom loading and bottom ejection perfect for right handers shooting lefthanded. No problem with ejection on any of the above models I also owned the Beretta xtrema

Good Hunting Liam Slattery in Rep Ireland

one of us
posted Hide Post
Like several posters, I've never had any problem other than propellant residue in the eye occasionally, even with shooting glasses. Used to get distracted by the ejected case flying across my visual field, but when hunting that wasn't a problem. Might be on a clays range shooting doubles.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"