THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Browning Citori, case hardened,oil finish?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Citori, case hardened,oil finish?
 Login/Join

posted
Saw one today that had a case hardeden receiver and was oil finished. Can anyone tell me about this shotgun. 26" 12ga.
Thanks in advance.
MasterBlaster

Posts: 50 | Location: SE Iowa | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
What is it you are looking for, exactly? Confused

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had never seen one with a case hardened receiver and the oil finish. Was wanting to find out if it were a standard model or custom shop gun.Only ones I can find on the Browning web site are custom shop guns.
Thanks
Eric

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what model of Citori you are referring to (325 / 425 / 525 / Lightning / XT / XS / Feather / Satin Hunter) but I'm not familiar with any current case-colored models.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I found one on gun broker it was made in 2004 and only 800 of them were made had to order them at the shot show. So they said.
Eric

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Master, that info about the limited run is correct...the exact number in the run I don't know but 800 sounds about right.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
It's probably a sweet-looking gun!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
John Gillette of "Classic Guns Inc. " in Beecher, Ill. color cases any 4140 guns as well as 8620 . It takes amn with a great deal of experience and John Has it. he has been doing #1 Ruger actions for tears in 7m/m Reem mag and etc. Never had a problem. ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

Posts: 15 | Location: Robersonville, N.C. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning made a few of these a few years back. I sold a couple that Zander's had on special when they were discontinued. They were very nice, and a good deal at the time. THe case coloring job was not as nice as some i've seen, but adequate. At the time, they were priced pretty low, maybe 11-1200 dollars.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote