Hello,
Does anyone have one of these on order?
http://www.rblshotgun.com/index.htm
Need to find some cash now.
John

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen anything better looking since the staples came loose and the center section fell out of a Penthouse.

I probably can't afford either, but at least I could still shoot a 28 gauge.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They almost had me with the 20. I wonder why no screw in chokes?
John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would think that screw in chokes would be quite a detraction in a classic like this. They require the barrels to "bulge" at the muzzle in order to get enough steel into the thread area -- most unappealing on a high grade double.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand. My two brownings look odd with the reverse taper at the muzzle. Reading some other sites and the 30 inch barrel seams popular. Is this for balance?
John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the frame of a break-open shotgun is so much shorter than that of a pump or auto, it can use a longer barrel and still have a similar overall length. I think that 30" barrels on the very slender 28 gauge are a bit excessive, but I have an OU 28 ga with 28" barrels that makes a wonderfully swinging upland gun. Longer barrels tend to smooth out your swing on a more distant bird.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts on the 30 inch barrels are similar. It just was the guys on the double gun forum (I think thats were I read it) were going batty over them. The 28 inch barrels appear to be the right choice.
John