New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Mossberg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looks Like Mossberg has finally come out with an over and under. I am thinking about buying one in 12 guage. Anyone have any experance with this shotgun? My local dealer priced me one at $460. ????????

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I think I saw it is made for them over sea's.
Not sure yeat by whom .
If you buy it ,post where made and how it works , fit & finish and if it takes standard Mossberg tubes .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted Hide Post
I purchased a new mossberg silver reserve about 3 months ago. The wood is very nice for the price (Turkish walnut). It came with 5 chokes. Mossberg will tell you that no choke will currently fit it if you want knurled type sporting clay chokes. That's only because they want you to buy theirs when they start to make them. (Beretta mobil chokes will fit!)
Kayhan Arts S.S. from Turkey are the actual manufacturer for Mossberg O/U. I beleive that this is a sister company of Huglu.

Very clean and smooth o/u for the price. I have a 28ga and 410 on the way now. I'm going to keep the beretta in the safe for a while.
I have put around 1500 rounds through it at the skeet range and have had no problems. Just have to get use to extractors vs ejectors. I keep waiting for the sells to pop out...then realize that just isn't going to happen. I've haven't had any cases stuck.

I know you can get them for a reasonable price on gunbroker.com

Hope this helps thumb

Combat vet by choice...Don't make me have a flashback!
Michael Savage...Fight Liberals! Liberalism is a mental disease!
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
went out and got one today. will try to shoot it this weekend. Only thing I can see I won't like about it is the stiff trigger but hopefully this will loosen' up after some use.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How heavy are these shotguns? The Baikals are like carrying a howizer!

To a Republican every day is 4th of July.

To a Democrat every day is April 15th!!

Posts: 86 | Location: California | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, It Does't feel heavy at all however I did check the trigger pull with my guage and the average of both barrols was 8 lbs 6.5 Oz. that awfull ,I do hope it gets better with use but to be honest its probably set up that way in the factory. With all this product liability crap thats the craze these days, its probaby going to get worse instead of better. but thats a subject for a differant forum.