Find
Notify
Tools

Browning B-80
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted
I had both rotator cuffs done - the surgeon said I shoot too much.....I found a Browning B-80 as new for a very good price. It is 12 guage and 2 3/4 inch cartridges. Anyone have experience with this model and thoughts...

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had several, but not recently. Very good guns. They are pretty much a Beretta 302 with semi square backed receiver rather than rounded. Barrels and most internal parts interchange. As a gas operated semi auto the reduced recoil should be good in your situation. Dedicated 3 inch chambered barrels were made. You have a good gun.
Sat I take my similar Beretta 302 after pheasants in South Dakota.
Enjoy your purchase.
Larry

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the 12 gauge but do have a B-80 20 gauge with a steel receiver. The extra couple ounces might mitigate recoil over an alloy frame version (?). I am recoil sensitive in that it seems to accumulate and increase flinching.

The B-80 is a very good design with a lot of Beretta similarities and barrels interchange. I have a couple extra barrels and I think all of them were made by Beretta as they have Beretta proof marks. I found that that in the 20 gauge, the barrel chambered for 3" wouldn't cycle light skeet loads consistently until one of the gas ports was opened up slightly (takes a long drill bit).

I don't think you are going to have any issues with a 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chambered gun cycling

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, have my licence application in and waiting....

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 12ga that I used to put between 10-20k rounds a year through. Broke one part. It's more reliable than my 870 pump.........

I'm what you call your basic famous.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I shoot 1000's of rounds through by 12ga B80 each year without problems except when shooting prairie storm ammo. It kicks sooo hard that it won't cycle another round. Dosent sound like you will be shooting mags so shouldn't be a problem

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote