THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Anybody ever heard of or owned Ithaca Model M66 Super Single 12 Gauge Lever gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody ever heard of or owned Ithaca Model M66 Super Single 12 Gauge Lever gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About a month ago my father was going through some old stuff he had packed away in the garage and he came accross this gun (Ithaca Model M66 Super Single 12 Gauge Lever Gun). So he brought it over to the house and gave it to me. Has anyone ever heard of this gun and would know an approximate value?? [Confused]

Posts: 188 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Value is an iffy thing. Saw one in this area before hunting season with a $100 price tag.

I used one to shoot quail in Texas. Worked pretty well, don't have to worry about dings.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<ChuckD>
posted
What Hobie said. The gun was inexpensive when new, though there was nothing wrong with them. They were made in the 60's. I wanted one, and at that time I also discovered girls, so....Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
That was my first shotgun!! and I still have it,(modified) Killed alot of bunnys and squirrels with it. It had a real tight full choke. I needed a smithing project and made it into one of the most acc smooth bored slug gun that I have ever seen. I still have it, solid heavey, and with a blond stock, (the only BLOND my wife will let me have!!) [Razz]

Posts: 49 | Location: Lisbon, Oh. USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
<WSJ>
posted
I've got one in a full choke .410 that I bought in a pawn shop in Arkansas for $40 about 15 years ago. Know a couple others who have them in various gauges. Mine shoots fine but it doesn't get a lot of use. It is cute and fairly unusual, although seemingly somewhat more common here in upstate NY. -WSJ

one of us
posted Hide Post
oh yeah had a few of them myself had a whole set one time 410. 20 with vent rib ,12 an a 12 slug barrel with rifle sights fun guns seen one with a 36 in barrel at a turkey shoot this past summer