THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Benelli Super black eagle II misfire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli Super black eagle II misfire
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a buddy that has a Benelli Super Black Eagle II that misfires when its cold.

Basically it goes click and no boom.

Is there a fix for this?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you completely take apart the bolt and trigger group ,cleaned thoroughly and lubed with a good oil ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am completely unfamiliar with Benelli or auto shotguns in general. I personally favor pump guns.

Is the take apart something I (we) can do or is it for a gunsmith?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Is there a mark on the primer?

I've got an SBE II and it's too good, I want to sell all of the target guns I have...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No marks that I know of (not my gun)

According to Benelli's website the action may not be closing completely. I am going to strip the gun down and clean it well and check the mainspring behind the action. I don't think my friend cleans his guns as well as he should.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
When i see something that doesn't work "in the cold" I generally think wrong lube or over lubed. Might be worth a look. If the gun goes click the bolt should be all the way forward.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Benellis are very easy to take apart !!! You don't need a gunsmith to do it .

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I'd try degreasing it with gun scrubber and lubing it with Breakfree CLP only.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote