THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Citori Lightning Sporting vs. 525 Sporting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citori Lightning Sporting vs. 525 Sporting
 Login/Join

posted
Guys,

I've always had a preference for Browning O/U's and I think I'm finally going to take the plunge. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these guns? I notice that the Lightning is about 700 less, but not available with 32" barrels. i think i like the looks of the lightning better but wish it were available with 32" tubes. Other than that and the choke tube set, is the 525 worth 700 bucks more?

Thanks for the input....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy with a 525 and he loves it for doubles,but he shoots a Bt-99 for singles. I shoot a Citori XS featherlight sporting clay in a 30" barrel and just love it.Its almost the same as a 525,but maybe lighter, i have a mercury tube in mine which does take some of the kick out of it.not for sure what a 525 goes for,but the xs featherlight goes for $1900.00.

Posts: 44 | Location: wis | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
No, not worth $700 more, all shotgun are just water pipes. You pay extra for nice wood, metal finish, engraving, reliability,and name. You cant go wrong with any Browning. Its the person behind the gun. How the gun fits you. 26" or 32" bbls. shoot the same for me.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
I have owned and used a Citori Lightning Sporting Clays with 30 inch tubes for about 6 years now. I prefer it over the regular lighting because it has the holes in the barrel to keep it down as well as 3 inch tubes. I use it for sporting clays, skeet, and duck hunting and am really happy with it.

blue