New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAA O/U or Century Kahn O/U
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First im sure ill get some heat about asking questions about such "cheap" shotguns, but really, lets think about it, they all shoot the same shells which means same knock down and distance, and if the pattern isnt good you can always change chokes. So what it comes down to, is that being said, what makes a shotgun worth the money? The looks? The handling? Im a hunter so im more worried about reliablity. And even though they arent the most expensive, theres not a lot that can go wrong with a O/U. With that being said, im not planning on competeing with it, and it wont see more than 500 rounds a year. So which one would be most reliable? Thanks in advance for the input.

Posts: 356 | Location: Lansing, MI | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
If I`m right the EAA is the Star Baikal, it has good repetation. It has been around for a long time. Other really cheap guns might not be good.

I look for a gun that fits me, handles well and has the features I want. (Loose chookes, single trigger, O/U, not lighter than 3kg, not heavier that 3.5.) I like to buy shotguns just a bit over the bootom level, you get a more consistant produckt and in most cases a more reliable gun. But the Star has show it self to hold out.

That star will hold 10 000 shots, a Perazzi trap gun is often garantied to hold 200 000 shots.

Johan

[ 08-22-2003, 19:31: Message edited by: 308winchester ]

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Lanber. The best kept secret in O/U's

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote