THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Red dot sight for Beretta auto loader
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot sight for Beretta auto loader
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Just wondered if anyone has mounted any type of red dotsight on a Beretta semi auto shotgun. I would like to put some form of sight on mine for shooting slug and it appears that on the top of the reciever there are a couple of recessed areas which look like they have been machined to take a weaver style mount. I am looking for any advise anyone can offer especially in relation to the Beretta and whether or not you are able to mount anykind of red dot sight.

Many thanks

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_field_guns_main.htm You can ask Beretta. Some makes/models of shotguns with aloy receivers should not be drilled and tapped to mount any type of scope as the metal is to soft. Some aloy receivers are cast with a steel insert inside the casting, but they most often come already drilled for scope mounting.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
You might not want t o add a clump of steel like this to your shotgun, but this might work:

http://www.galatiinternational.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...tegory_Code=B-Square

I have seen one of these on a Rem 1100 and it worked pretty well.

Fugly though.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote