Find
Notify
Tools

50 straight!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
Guys, a month or so back I shot my first 25 straight, well today I shot my first 50 straight. Know I am going for 100. Just curious, how many of you all have shot 100 straight or do it regularly?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a 100 straight once with a 20 ga in skeet and got close with the 410 with a 97 and have had a few 98's with the 28.

I don't know what game you are shooting, but if it is trap, I consider a 100 in that more difficult than skeet.

BTW, I missed a 50 straight last sunday by one bird and guess which one..... number 50. Talk about frosting your balls.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Haven't done it yet, but I don't really shoot trap or skeet. 50 straight in Sporting would call for some drinking...... lol!

Congrats! Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Customstox, my 50 straight was shooting skeet. I have seen several people loose straight rounds due to the last shot. Nerves I guess.

I shoot with an older guy quite a bit (86 years young). He is a great shooter with a lot of wins under his belt. He has told me about shooting a 96 in a national shoot. And what did he miss? 4 LOW 8's, talk about frosting your balls!

Dutch, sporting seems to be a bit tougher to me, but I am just beginning to shoot it. My best score thus far has been a 62, but I plan to improve on that.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I've shot a few 24 straight, never 25. One problem at these French clubs is that if you shoot 25 straight you're supposed to buy champagne for everybody at the club. I must be stingy.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BT100
posted Hide Post
Never a 100 straight in singles or any event for that matter. I've been shooting trap for 6-7 years now. I'm gonna make it eventually, as I get a 99 ever now and then and buy new guns to help. LOL

Congrats on your 50 and may the 100 straight Gods be with you.

BT

Posts: 371 | Location: Helena, MT | Registered: 23 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thornell,
BTW, congratulations on the 50. I should have said that first thing. The 50th that I shot and missed was not due to nerves. It was odd, I was shooting in a club skeet championship at a small club I belong to. When I got the 49, I had the thing sewn up and actually told myself that, not outloud but to myself. When I lined up on the last one, I held the gun in the same place and did not even look in the hole for the bird and just spaced it out. I did the same thing on a straight that ended at 74 at the same club a few months ago and that ended with a 98, blew some dumb one on the last box too.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote