New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical Shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone recommend a brand/model for a personal defence shotgun? I have seen a few at the gun shop, mostly have magazine extentions and ghost ring sights, all are black finished. Mixed between pump action and auto loaders...

Posts: 53 | Location: Grand Junction, CO USA | Registered: 13 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got my Mossburg 500 with slug barrel that I use for Deer hunting(When I go out during shotgun season) It's a short barrel pump gun and I use it when hunting also.

As for the tactical guns advertised, if you are looking at just home defense and never take it into the field, there are several and it just depends on what you want as far as "extras" go,

IF member of your family is possibly also going to use it, I would recommend a semi and also spend time at the range making sure they are all comfortable in the loading and use of the weapon.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<GeorgeInNePa>
posted
Buy yourself a Remington 870 with a short barrel. Aused 23" turkey gun would be fine. Add whatever "tactical" gizmos make you happy. I bought a new 870 turkey at a going out of business sale a few years back and added an extended mag tube, IC choke tube, and an oversized safety, that's it. Rem also makes a 870HD. It their "Home Defense" model. 18" barrel and extended mag tube.

Either way, under $300.00 for a new Remington 870 pump.